Material flow monitoring
Microwave detector for contactless monitoring
of material flows for "flow" or "no flow"
- Absolutely insensitive against material deposits
- For any line diameter
- With adapter, usable up to 220 °C and 20 bar
- With ceramic mounting, usable up to 1,000 °C
- Compact (no separate electronics)
- Signalling through relay switching
- Different sensitivity levels
- Detection through all non-conductive walls
- Can also be supplied with short housing and separate electronics
- Detection of material clogging and material standstill
The FlowJam S is available for ex-zones.
The FlowJam detects solid flows of all types for material movement.
A differentiation is made between the following switching states:
- Material flow
- Material clogging / standstill or empty pipe
The system operates with no contact, using microwaves in a process in which the material movement is detected by using the Doppler effect.
The FlowJam is an especially process-secure device, since the microwave can penetrate material coating on the sensor and reliably detect the material movement behind it. If container walls, housings or pipelines are not metal, it is possible to measure from the outside.
The FlowJam can also be used under difficult conditions such as high operating temperatures and pressures with the help of a process adapter.
The FlowJam can be easily installed in the following ways:
- Figure 1: Screwing into a G 1½"-inch-threaded connection
- Figure 2: Using a DN 40 flange
- Figure 3: Using a pipe clamp or other holding brackets
|Sensor||Housing material||Stainless steel 1.4571|
|Protection system||IP 65|
- 20 ... + 80 °C
- 20 ... + 220 °C (with process-adapter)
Max. 1000 °C (with ceramic-flange)
|Ambient temperature||- 20 ... + 60 °C|
|Working pressure||max. 1 bar / max. 20 bar (with process-adapter)|
|Power supply||18 ... 24 V DC / AC|
|Relay output max.||
Voltage 250 V AC
Current 1 A AC
Capacity 60 W
|Response time||1 ... 15 s (continuously adjustable)|
|Measuring frequency||24,125 GHz; ± 100 MHz|
|Transmitting power||max. 5 mW|
Housing: length of 216 mm / diameter of 52 mm
Thread: length of 30 mm / diameter of G 1 ½ Zoll
Click on a desired application example to navigate to a detailed description.