You are here:
Microwave barrier for the contactless detection of dry bulk solids in containers, piping or shafts
- Absolute insensitive to material caking
- Can be used up to a profile of 25 m (larger profiles on request)
- Can be used with adapter up to 220 °C and 20 bar
- With ceramic mounting, usable up to 1,000 °C
- Usable in dust EX-zones
- Signalling through relay switching
- Detection through non-conductive walls
- Extra short sensor with separate analysis unit
The ProGap 2.0-BS microwave barrier is a universal sensor with a flexible range of applications, consisting of a transmitter and receiver on the basis of the latest microwave technology. It is used to detect the limit level of dry bulk solids of all types or to position objects. The microwave barrier is a contactless measuring procedure. It can be installed in containers, pipelines, shafts or free-fall sections. The range is 0 ... 25 m. If container walls, housings or pipelines are not metal, it is possible to measure from the outside. This even makes it possible to completely uncouple the measurement from the process through suitable windows (made of non-metallic materials). This is especially interesting in the use of aggressive, abrasive or coarse materials or in cases of extreme pressures and temperatures. With the help of a process adapter, the ProGap 2.0-BS can also be used under difficult conditions such as in dust ex-zones. The use of microwaves also ensures a high level of insensitivity to any caking on the sensor window.
The ProGap 2.0-BS can be easily installed in the following ways:
- screwing into a G 1½-inch-screw neck
- with an DN-40-flange or
- with a clamp or other mounting
The fitting position of the devices is arbitrary. Important is that transmitter and receiver are positioned precisely to each other. The adjustment is made by means of a counter-screw fitting. Commissioning will be done by evaluation unit.