You are here:
The measuring system for continuous flow measurement for high pressure densephase-conveying
- Reliable flow metering in pneumatic dense-phase
- Pressure-resistant up to 110 bar
- Installation creates no obstacle in the profile, hence no dead spots in which residue can form
- Contactless measuring procedure (no mechanics)
- Highly wear-resistant ceramic inner tube
- Reliable measurement of density and velocity
- ATEX category 3 approved
- Short response time for material flow detection
- According to pressure equipment directive (on request)
DensFlow HP is a measuring system specially developed for flow metering of solids in dense-phase conveying.
DensFlow HP was especially developed for the flow measurement of coal in coal gasification processes.
Through the special input coupling of a high-frequency, electromagnetic alternating field,
a homogenous measuring field is generated in the measuring pipe. Solids within this measuring field reduce the amplitude of this alternating field. This leads to a measuring signal corresponding to the concentration of the solids being conveyed in the measuring tube (kg/m3).
Using the same kind of sensor, the change of the alternating field is measured within the measuring tube at two additional points. These two sensors have a defined distance to each other.
The analysis electronics with its integrated correlator determines the runtime of the conveyor belt between the both sensors from the two sensor signals. The known distance is then used to determine the speed of the solid (m/sec).
The two measured parameters concentration (K) and speed (v) as well as the known profile (A) of the measuring tube, the flow is determined as
Q = K x v x A
and output as a 4 ... 20 mA signal.