You are here:
The FlowJam Plus is a logical development of the established FlowJam sensor which has proved its worth in thousands of applications:
- rapid detection of material movement (Flow/NoFlow)
- additional function "Detection of blockage" or "Material flow interruption"
- operates without contact using microwaves
- a particularly reliable device since microwaves can pass through material accumulations
- measurement can be taken from outside all non-metallic tank walls, housings, hose lines or pipelines
- can be used even in difficult conditions, in other words high operating temperatures and pressures and in version for Atex zones (with the help of a processadapter)
The FlowJam Plus sends microwaves into the pipeline in which the material flows. This may be a freefall pipeline or a pneumatic transport system.
The microwave signals are reflected by the moving solid particles. A shift in the Doppler frequency between the emitted and received signals means that the material is moving, in other words "Flow". If this Doppler shift does not take place, there is no material movement and the sensor indicates "NoFlow".
If this state occurs, the FlowJam Plus can detect on the basis of clear characteristic values from the reflection signal whether a blockage has formed from below or the material supply has been interrupted from above. This switching condition is output by a second relay.
- Transfer point
Chips of wood are transported by two screw conveyors in a biomass plant.
At the transfer point between the screw conveyors, the FlowJam Plus monitors the flow of material.
In the case of a material flow interruption, it is now possible to detect quickly whether there is a problem because the lower screw no longer removes any material or the feed screw no longer supplies material.
- Material infeed to a rotary feeder
In a lime plant, lime is conveyed into the inlet of a rotary feeder via a vertical downpipe. At this point, it should be ensured that there is always a sufficient material flow. When the material column reaches the sensor position in the fall line, the FlowJam Plus signals exactly this state. With this information, the material feed can be controlled better.
- Materialeinlauf in eine Zellenradschleuse
In einem Kalkwerk wird Kalk über eine vertikale Fallleitung in den Einlauf einer Zellenradschleuse gefördert. An dieser Stelle soll sichergestellt werden, dass immer ein ausreichender Materialstrom vorhanden ist. Erreicht die Materialsäule in der Fallleitung die Sensorposition, signalisiert der FlowJam Plus genau diesen Zustand. Mit Hilfe dieser Informationen kann die Zuführung besser geregelt werden.
The FlowJam Plus sensor is installed on the line using a G 1½-inch threaded port.
A complete measuring point consists of the following components:
- FlowJamPlus sensor
- DIN rail connector